Our mission is the education of our neurosurgery residents. There is a graduated responsibility throughout the residency to reach the final goal of producing a competent Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada neurosurgeon.
Our goal of the neurosurgery program is to produce fully trained neurosurgeons that are able to:
- Successfully pass the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Specialty examination in Neurosurgery.
- Able to practice at a consultant level in Neurosurgery.
- Have a superior understanding of neuropathology, neuroradiology, neurosurgery, basic neurosciences, neurology, and other related disciplines.
- Exhibit exceptional clinical knowledge in neurosurgery
- Exhibit proficiency in neurosurgery procedures.
- Act in a professional manner with excellent communication, manager, and health advocacy skill.
- Exhibit excellent leadership skills and abilities
- Have an excellent understanding of research methodology.